Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Andrea2[_2_] Andrea2[_2_] is offline

Default OT-We took the train

My husbands brother in law died so we flew to Minnesota for the
funeral. We were both disgusted with the wait at the terminal and the
flight. At the last minute, first class was sold out so we were packed
in like sardines. I am a small person, 100 pounds, but I was a wreck
when we arrived. I've never been in such a small space with so many
other people except on a Japanese commuter train (they are something
else).

I told my husband to find a better way to get back home, maybe rent a
car and drive or take the train. He got us on the train, we had a
bedroom all to ourselves. It had a large couch that made into a bed at
night to sleep. It had an easy chair and a tiny bathroom with a
shower. After the attendant was made aware of our food needs, we are
both type 2's, he made sure we had food we could eat. He even got us a
cooler to keep our insulin in and brought ice by regularly. The
scenery passing by the large picture window was fantastic.

If have the time (it took 2 days from Chicago to San Diego) the train
is a present, relaxing way to travel. I even got my exercise in by
jogging up and down the hall outside our room.

Andrea2
Type 2