Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
acw acw is offline

Default Tea Drinking At Work: The Milk Dilemma

Kitty wrote:
> Buy or borrow a two ounce Tupperware "tup". Fill with Milk, put a
> string in the milk before you put on the lid. Lower the container
> into a pint sized widemouth Thermos jug half full of ice. add a bit
> more ice,lead string out of jug before putting on the lid. Take to
> work. milk stays cold at least half a day, and you only have two
> ounces so none is wasted.

Are you in an air conditioned office ? My experience is that 2 oz or so
of 1% milk, in a reused plastic water bottle, taken from the fridge in
the morning, kept mostly in an air conditioned office all day, is still
fresh by late afternoon, without ice, external water, or access to a
fridge at work. This even on days when I have meetings in three or four
different buildings, and so carry the bottle with me (on the side of the
backpack which also carries my laptop) around between buildings and up
and down stairs.

Anne