Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Spooge Geeko[_1_] Spooge Geeko[_1_] is offline

Default Splenda mint julep?

On 2 May 2006 11:34:32 -0700, wrote:

>Being as Kentucky Derby weekend is coming up I was wondering if any of
>you guys ever tried to make a mint julep with Splenda instead of sugar.
>

>And I was also wondering about the bourbon - I haven't had any alcohol
>at all since I discovered my blood sugar problem (reactive hypoglycemia
>with probably IGT) and I was wondering what it does to blood sugar.
>According to the food counter book I have it was listed as 0 carbs but
>I'm not sure if I believe it.
>
>I loooove bourbon, hope I can have it someday....
>
>LQ

If you are drinking bourbon, a tsp of sugar isn't an issue
Many doctors will tell you the occassional drink isn't going to kill
you.
A lot of drinks on the other hand, will.
Buy the best bourbon you can afford, use sugar, and don't do it very
often.