Rona Yuthasastrakosol

Default Brunch

"Dog3" > wrote in message
02...
> Went to brunch today with a group of friends. They hoodwinked me and
> apparently the celebration was in honor of my volunteer work with a local
> animal shelter.

That's wonderful! I'm afraid of working at animal shelters for fear that I
will bring home too many cats. I'm such a sucker for an animal in distress
and I want to give all of them homes (if I won a million dollars...).

> My question is; what is your favorite brunch food? How much does a decent
> brunch cost in your area? I'm eating healthy so the food is a
> consideration for me. I like to eat items I would not ordinarily make at
> home. I was amazed at the people that were loading plates up with
> scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes. I can make all of these at
> home.

I like smoked salmon--house made, and crepes since I never do them at home.
The most expensive brunch in Winnipeg is about $27 (Cdn) and IIRC, does not
include alcoholic beverages, though does include coffee, tea, and juices. I
usually only go out for brunch 1x/year and only go to the "better"
restaurants (usually in the more expensive hotels) so I am only familiar
with the higher-priced places. They usually serve the "usuals" like eggs
benedict, freshly made waffles, omelet stations, bacon, and sausage but may
also have things like Chilean sea bass and bison brochettes. However, I
think there are other restaurants that have $15-20 brunches and they will
usually serve the typical, pedestrian brunch foods.

<snip>
rona