PENMART01

Default coconut cream/coconut milk

>Julia Altshuler writes:
>
>>Duh'Wayne Notbright wrote:
>>
>> A good brand would not be "artificial" and would not contain anything but
>> the coconut cream or coconut milk, with possibly a few preservatives. I
>> agree, it's definitely easier.

>Right. I'm not sure why, but I seem to prefer the taste of artificial
>coconut. Like so many, I didn't care for coconut as a child. My first
>introduction to it that I enjoyed was in TGIF's pina coladas. That's
>the flavor I'm after and that I don't get from the all natural product.

Coconut is one of the most plentiful food products on the planet. Coconut
cream/milk is very inexpensive, I seriously doubt TGIF's (or any other gin
mill) uses artificial coconut flavoring for mixed drinks.
I'm looking at a can of Coco Goya right now, I pay 99¢/15oz can, I'm positive
gin mills pay wholesale... a pina colada uses about a teaspoonful, about 3¢
worth. Coco Goya contains coconut juice (pressed coconut meat and water),
sugar, and a few preservatives.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon