Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter Doug Kanter is offline

Default 5 lb bag of sugar is 4 lbs...

"hob" > wrote in message

> "Doug Kanter" > wrote in message

>> > WHat astounding business logic. I want my business to just break
>> > even, too. Screw the shareholders.
>> >
>> > Fact is, they woulnd't have had to move if the price of sugar
>> > wasn't drastically lower in Canada because of the HFCS lobbies.
>> >
>> > -sw

>> It's contagious. Look at the original post in the thread. The OP's a
>> finalist in the stupid conclusion olympics.

> Yeah, unlike you who are in the finals for moronus maximus assus.
>
> Check the price of refined sugar in the past six months, smart ass?

http://www.ers.usda.gov/briefing/sugar/Data/Table02.xls

I don't need to check government sites. I'm in the grocery business. I punch
a few keys, and I see that my company has sold 73 truckloads of Domino & C&H
sugar since March of 2005. Using 5 lb bags as an example, the price has
risen about 10% in that time period. The discrepancy between the govenment's
numbers and reality can be explained in a way that's similar to the way you
can explain the problem with oil at the moment.

About an hour ago, I asked you how old you were. This would be a good time
to tell me.