Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] dwheeler@ipns.com is offline

Default Morels on menu tonight

Saturday's morel forage was bright, brisk and bountiful. About 3
pounds. I'm thinking of a simple scrambled egg/morel/sausage feast
tonight.

Lots of different mushrooms out. Only two poisonous species seen:
Hebeloma crustuliniforme and Gyromitra californica. The latter was
probably more problematic as there were occasional small Gyromitra
gigas (Snowbank morel) out as well - which I have eaten before and will
probably eat again.

Also thinking about what to take to Quatro de Mayo celebration at work.
Maybe a salsa with morels? Any ideas out there?

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com