Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_1_] Nancy Young[_1_] is offline

Default My burger quest

I never intended to go to Las Vegas, it's just someplace I
don't have a particular yen to see. So, imagine my surprise
when I found that the opportunity was presented to me that ...
they have In n Out Burgers there!!! Well, now we're talkin!

Stuff to do the first couple of days, of course, driving around
here and there, all the time I'm saying, I'm not leaving Las Vegas
until I get myself around an In n Out burger.

Became a little refrain, let's go here, then me, and we'll have
In n Out burgers. Annoying. On the way to the Hoover Dam,
hey, we'll stop for lunch on the way, In n Out ... you get the idea.
Well, we wound up stopping at a Burger King where they seemed
determined to prove that it's not fast food. What a chore.

Finally, after a long drive through the desert, I was not to be
denied, whipped out the phone book and found one. Wasn't
easy, but we got there.

What a menu!! Loved it. You want a hot dog? Forget it.
Chicken nuggets? NO. Menu: Double Double cheeseburger,
hamburger or cheeseburger. Fries. Soda. Shakes. That's it.

Me: Double Double and a chocolate shake. I was a happy
girl. I make them at home but I wasn't going to be happy until
I had a real one. Freshly made fries cut right there in the store,
actual lettuce, not shreds.

Yup, in the land of Emeril and Wolfgang, et al, I was thrilled with my
fast food burger.

nancy