Old 24-04-2006, 04:46 PM posted to alt.food.sushi
Dan Logcher[_1_] Dan Logcher[_1_] is offline

Default White Tuna (Escolar)

Musashi wrote:

"Norman Leonski" wrote in message
oups.com...

Well, I've now been introduced to escolar. I had two pieces of what was
labeled as "White Tuna" at about 7 pm and by 10 pm that evening to 5 am
the following morning, I lived in the small room next to my bedroom.
Good God! I won't be doing THAT again.

The fish itself was delicious. It was so tender and flavorful, I'm
really sorry that I won't be tasting it again.

Good luck to those who have a resistance to the problems with this
fish.

Here's an article I found that's pretty interesting:

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/wc...m-cdi2603i.htm

I guess you now know why you won't see this fish in sushi restaurants in
Japan.
It's illegal to serve it.

Why would it be illegal to serve something that might give you stomache
distress, but legal to serve something that could kill you (fugu).

--
Dan