Posted to alt.food.sushi

Default White Tuna (Escolar)

Norman wrote on 24 Apr 2006 07:44:49 -0700:

NL> The fish itself was delicious. It was so tender and
NL> flavorful, I'm really sorry that I won't be tasting it
NL> again.

NL> Good luck to those who have a resistance to the problems
NL> with this fish.

I agree with you entirely! I believe the cause of the runs is
the very high oil content. I envy those who *can* eat the stuff
but *Never Again* !

For interest, what was the fish called on the menu? In my case
it was "white tuna" but that is quite often albacore tuna not
escolar.

James Silverton
Potomac Maryland.