Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default A tale of Tesco and Ice-Cream

"djimbo" > wrote in message

> Hiya Nicky.
> I'm all new to this business.
> Thanks for the helpfull suggestion, I'll look into it (or a supermarket
> freezer :-)
> The suggestions I'm getting seem to indicate that there is actualy no such
> thing as diabetic ice-cream
> (although the stuff Morrisons sells does appear to bear the words -

Diabetic
> ice cream).
> My belief rightly or wrongly is that they can get away from the sugar side
> of the problem by using only fructose?
> I suppose the low fat side is the same as all the low fat stuff that fills
> the shelves today?

I'm not Nicky, but fructose is one of the worst things a diabetic can have.
It is not just sugar that raises BG but all carbs. Fructose is no better in
terms of BG than sugar is. But the problem with fructose in diabetics is
that it has been linked to heart problems. It is something we should avoid.

--
See my webpage: