Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
A. J. Rawls[_2_] A. J. Rawls[_2_] is offline

Default Dandelion

On 22 Apr 2006 08:23:30 -0700, "Joe Sallustio" >
wrote:

>> Try a pair of scissors. Just trim off the petals. You will not get 100%
>> but it should be faster.
>>

>I haven't made it but a friend made 5 gallons; he used scissor too. It
>was unbelievably good. He said it was too much work also but I would
>say the end justified the means for once...
>
>Joe

Dandelion is a "hard labor" wine. I made 6 gallons of petal-only and
6 gallons of whole-blossom last year. My two daughters each prefer
different wines. The "whole blosson" wines generally place better in
our State Fair wine tastings.

Later,
A. J. Rawls
Anchorage, Alaska, USA