Posted to alt.food.diabetic
djimbo djimbo is offline

Default A tale of Tesco and Ice-Cream

Ok here's one for the English market.
Firstly I'm not diabetic, but my wife and handicapped son both are.
He recently expressed a (not unreasonable) desire for ice-cream, so I
searched the net found a supplier and an indication that Tesco stocked it.
My wife enquired at the customer service desk at S****horpe branch and was
told that they would enquire in to it and phone us back.
A week later a call came saying they would have it in stock the following
day. We waited one extra day, went in to find NO ice-cream.
Ok if you're with me thus far, this is the interesting bit -
On asking at customer service, a summoned freezer operative started into
haranguing my wife with a diatribe about them NEVER having stocked diabetic
ice-cream.
She made no attempt to hear what my wife was trying to tell her, talking at
here rather than to her, so I tried to interject and was told in no
uncertain terms to keep out of it she was talking to my wife not me.
I managed to communicate to the girl on the desk that they had phoned us!
They could find no trace on their computer of any request for the ice cream,
and then asked if we had a name of the person who phoned <gasp!> erm no it's
not the first thing that comes to mind.
She then went on to suggest that perhaps we were mistaken about which branch
we'd asked at <Grrrrr>.
Time for a sharp exit.

Outcome is we went down the road to Morrisons who had, and have for a while
had, diabetic ice cream in stock.
Every little helps.

Djimbo.
[To err is human]