Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmiOmelet OmManiPadmiOmelet is offline

Default Best Beef cut for Burger

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 14:14:29 -0500, OmManiPadmiOmelet wrote:
>

>>Steve Wertz wrote:

>>>Ribeye, of course.

>>Waste of ribeye...

> Not at all.
>

>>If you have to grind ribeye to eat it, you need a new set of dentures. ;-)

> The OP asked what cut made the best hamburger. Ribeye is the
> most appropriate answer. It also makes the best chicken fried
> steak.
>
> -sw

Geez Steve!

That's like serving caviar with chicharones!

Chuck roast makes perfectly good and flavorful ground beef, AND CF steak.

Seriously, if you are going to grind your own, I dare you to try a
brisket sometime. It's fabulous that way.