Posted to alt.food.wine
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default Grenache

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:06:11 +0200
Mike Tommasi > wrote:

> Santiago wrote:
> > Emery Davis > wrote in
> > :
> > %.
> >
> >>Here's my question: why the heck is "grenache" masculin, anyway?
> >>Is that so in spanish too?

> > Emery,
> >
> > Garnacha is not masculin but feminin in spanish. La garnacha.

> I always say "la Grenache", and I get remarks each time...

My kids like to read wine labels at table, so I've had it
drilled into me.

At least the Spaniards have some sense!

I asked my daughter the grammar whiz why it's not
feminine and got the expected: "Ben, c'est comme ca..."

BTW the inao site is very quick for finding appellation rules,
at www.inao.gouv.fr and search for the appellation in "textes."
(Not addressed to MT, naturally. Just meant to mention it
in the previous and forgot. Useful for the feeble of memory
like myself, anyway.)

-E
--
Emery Davis