Posted to rec.food.cooking
AC AC is offline

Default baking soda vs baking powder

Mike "Piedmont srote:

> I have a cookie recipe that calls for baking soda, can I simply use the
> same amount of baking powder? I know, just go to store and buy a box of
> ArmNHammer. (grin)
> --
> Regards,
>
> Piedmont
>
> The Practical Bar-B-Q'r at: http://web.infoave.net/~amwil/Index.htm
>
> What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
> whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
> or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

hey mike,

i think we live in the same neck of the woods. r/h f/m area? it's rare to run
into
someone on this news group from my area so i thought i'd say howdy.
there's a poster here on rfc named 'curely sue' and she has a web page up
that gives more info than you ever want to know about the baking soda /
baking powder issue. ---->
http://users.rcn.com/sue.interport/food/bakgsoda.html