Posted to rec.food.cooking
Stan Horwitz Stan Horwitz is offline

Default A healthier Wendy's Spicy Chicken ( batter of baked chicken ).

In article >,
Thaddeus L Olczyk > wrote:

> On 20 Apr 2006 06:28:02 -0700, "Yogi Gupta" >
> wrote:
>
> >The reason to use egg white is because it is almost all protein so the
> >stuff would stick to it. Why not try just buttermilk. Buttermilk is
> >high enough in protein.

> In the end my question comes down to, what can you use to get
> flour/bread crumbs/whatever stick to chicken ( or meat in general )
> to make a crust. I'm pretty sure that buttermilk would work, but won't
> it give the chicken a sour taste?

I doubt it. Try it and find out. Also, instead of frying the chicken,
spray it with Pam or some other similar product and bake it. The most
unhealthy aspect of Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is that its deep
fried and that adds a huge amount of fat and calories to it. You can
probably reduce the fat and calories by half simply by baking the
chicken.