Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Dar V Dar V is offline

Default So people use bananas to increase "body"?

That has not been my understanding. My thought is that body means "how the
wine feels/tastes in your mouth", not alcohol content. It is hard to
describe, but my fruit wines are light-bodied, no matter what the alcohol
content is. I've added bananas to give my fruit wines a more
"heavier/fuller" taste. I'm sure what little sugar is in the bananas will up
my alcohol content, but I like to taste the fruit which the wine is made out
of, not the kick of the alcohol. But everyone has their own taste.
Darlene

ups.com...