Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default 5-spice plus one

"HiTech RedNeck" > wrote in message
om...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>
>> For my own taste, I think chipotle is highly overrated. My loss, I
>> guess.

> Chipotle is a highly variable product. Depends on the quality of the
> peppers and the smoking process. Ever tried the "Sierra Turkey" sandwich
> at
> Panera (formerly St. Louis Bread Company)? They say they use a chipotle
> mayo; it's poetically good. I have never found a chipotle anything else
> that matches it.

Not even your own? Why not open a can of chipotle, put it in a blender,
take out a minimal amount and mix into it a little mayo until you get the
right proportions. I'll bet it's not much more than that, and you could
make it for your sandwiches, too. Pick up some sliced turkey and an extra
baguette when you're at Panera.

Panera can vary -- although I don't know why it should unless it is the way
the food is kept after it is received. On our way to CT last week, we ate at
one Panera going up and a different one coming back. DH's seasme chicken
salad's chicken was soo good going up that I decided to have it coming
back -- wasn't very tasty.

Dee Dee