Posted to rec.food.cooking
Blair P. Houghton[_1_] Blair P. Houghton[_1_] is offline

Default 5-spice plus one

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> For my own taste, I think chipotle is highly overrated. My loss, I guess.

You've smelled Penzey's and still think that?

I smelled it and asked if they had a car air freshener in that scent.

Yesterday I mixed some ancho and chipotle to make a less-spicy blend,
ground up some dried minced onion and mexican oregano and dried minced
garlic, then dumped it all in a zip-loc with some evoo and cubed
chicken and let it marinate.

Sautee'd it and served on hot flour tortillas with lettuce and tomato
and cheddar and a squirt of (sub)lime.

I thought I'd rather overdone the spicing as the chicken was positively
breaded in the stuff, but it fried up nice and tasted great with all
the other stuff in the tortilla.

--Blair