Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.[_2_] -L.[_2_] is offline

Default natural-dyed Easter eggs

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> That must have bee frightening beyond belief! I'm glad you made it.
> I'm so sorry to hear about your lungs - I have cought-variant asthma,
> so I can empathize a *little*. Sounds like you get a lot worse than I
> do, though.

I have cough-variant asthma too - post-drowning. Took the docs 9 mos
to properly diagnose it. So many doctors don't even know what it is.

> >The worst part is my little guy has been sick too - pretty much off and
> >on since the end of January. He's seemed to have finally turned the
> >corner, but as a first-time Mom seeing him sick (and fighting with the
> >doctors about it) has been harder for me than being sick myself.

> Tell me about it! My daughter had things wrong with her that weren't
> diagnosed until she hit her 20s. Her pediatritian just blew a lot of
> her ailments off. And he was a highly respected doctor. Very
> frustrating for the mom and the kid. I'm glad he's showing
> improvement.

Thanks. I just think it's ridiculous that they have to be on death's
door before the docs will prescribe an antibiotic. I think if a 2 year
old has been sick *8* weeks, something needs to be done other than just
tell me "it's a virus". They finally gave him some Amoxi and lo and
behold - he's getting better. Only took me 4 straight nights of him
having 102 fevers to convince them (two different doctors).

> >Thanks for asking. It's been a rough 3+ weeks!

> That long? That's terrible. With your permission, I'd like to pray
> for the two of you. Please let me know.
>
> Feel-better hugs,
> Carol

Thank you, Carol. I am not a particularly religious person, but an
spiritual and welcome any prayers you have. I do believe in the
collective power of healing and postivie thought.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and prayers,
-L.