Posted to rec.food.cooking
Denise~*[_1_] Denise~*[_1_] is offline

Default making pudding(Jello band) with soy milk

Budd Tugley wrote:

>>DH is allergic to milk & all derivatives

> Read your label on the Jello brand. I assume it has milk in it. Soy

Gaw, I know, I realized that today. I really wish there was a Co. that
specialized in making easy-prep stuff like box pudding totally dairy
free. Even one of our favorite spice packets has it. We just recently
discovered one brand makes it dairy free (Durkee) & another (McCormick)
puts a milk derivative in i. The store I always shop at stopped
carrying the Durkee brand. Grrr!

> milk can be successfully used in place of reg milk in some recipes. I
> would buy the ready made in the quart. I make quiches with soy milk,
> no problem. It should "set up" just fine. The eggs do that part
> anyway. It will not taste as "creamy" and it *will* taste "different."

Ohh, I have replaced soy & the "better than milk" in baked stuff
(biscuits, etc...) & I know, it is OK, but just not the same. I just
wasn't sure about "pudding" since milk can really be important in some
stuff.