Posted to rec.food.cooking
Marcella Peek Marcella Peek is offline

Default making pudding(Jello band) with soy milk

Better read the box. When I have looked the mix (cook and instant) all
contain dry milk powder. If your husband is allergic it would likely
bug him.

I make pudding with soy milk all the time as we have milk allergy people
in the family. I use the recipe for vanilla in the Betty Crocker cook
book and just sub soy milk for the regular milk and it works great.
Here's my chocolate pudding recipe; it's from Cooking Light magazine and
originally called for soy milk.

Chocolate Pudding

1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/4 C cornstarch
3 T unsweetened cocoa
1/8 t salt
2 C soy milk
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 t vanilla extract

Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in a saucepan and stir
until combined. Slowly stir in the soy milk and heat the mixture over
medium heat. Simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in
chopped chocolate and vanilla until the chocolate is melted. Pour into
dishes (or a pie crust for pie) and cover the surface with plastic wrap
and chill.

marcella