Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default How to cook "Flanken" Cross-Cut Ribs

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:13:19 -0500, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>
>> To me "New England Boiled Dinner" involves beef brisket, not short
>> ribs, but hey, to each their own.

> Minnesota Boiled Dinner involves ham, but that may have been just in
> our house.
>
> Carol

Again, to each their own! I never had ham except at Easter at my mom's
dinner table. And she only served real butter for rolls on Easter and at
Thanksgiving (and she always burned the rolls! I bought her a timer!). But
she did the margarine thing during the depression and WWII. And wore leg
makeup because they couldn't get stockings. Mom was a Floozie!

Jill