Posted to rec.food.cooking
JJ - RFC JJ - RFC is offline

Default How to cook "Flanken" Cross-Cut Ribs

One time on Usenet, Steve Wertz > said:

<snip>

> I won't be able to use a grill or smoker tonight. How would you
> cook these? I was figuring I'd just put them in the oven on a
> rack and cover lightly with foil, and cook low for a couple hours
> until they get pretty tender, then use them in some sort of
> tacos. I'm open to other suggestions, though.
>
> These are pre-seasoned (but not brined) with some sort of mildly
> spicy rub.

The only way I've had these is what Mom called "New England Boiled
Dinner" -- short ribs, carrots, cabbage and potatoes cooked in a
big pot of water. But I don't think that would work so well with
pre-seasoned ribs...

--
jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~