Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Wertz[_1_] Steve Wertz[_1_] is offline

Default How to cook "Flanken" Cross-Cut Ribs

I bought some 1/2" cross cut english-style ribs. Also known as
cross-cut flanken ribs or korean cut ribs. I wouldn't have
bought them except that they were cheap, and if I bought a pack
for $3.50, I got almost $9 worth of other stuff for free (HEB
Meal Deal).

I won't be able to use a grill or smoker tonight. How would you
cook these? I was figuring I'd just put them in the oven on a
rack and cover lightly with foil, and cook low for a couple hours
until they get pretty tender, then use them in some sort of
tacos. I'm open to other suggestions, though.

These are pre-seasoned (but not brined) with some sort of mildly
spicy rub.

-sw