Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
[email protected] psyflake@yahoo.com is offline

Default Steeping tea in milk segue into Menghai

Michael wrote:
> Speaking of which, talk to us about your 12 year old green Menghai.

Brewed in my beloved, leaky 5$ Yixing pot itīs mellow and complex, a
pretty dense, "round" and savory spectrum with sweet notes of algae and
warm spices, delicate flashes of clove, very dynamic through the
steeps, sweet and silky almost creamy lingering aftertaste.
What I almost like most about this tea is the lovely color it develops
after around the 3rd steep, a vibrating salmon pink that tends toward
indian red.
My personal #1 in my humble collection, complexitywise it will serve as
a kind of touchstone during my next trip to Yunnan.

Karsten [next candidate: 2006 bio-organic FF Darjeeling Pouchong]