Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dominic T. Dominic T. is offline

Default Steeping tea in milk

wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone know if steeping your tea directly in heated milk (i.e. no
> water involved in the process) will affect it's infusion? Will using
> milk only decrease the amount of "goodstuffs" (for lack of a better
> word... and knowledge) that's extracted from the tea leaves?
>
> Thanks.

Let me preface this by saying I have never tried this and am not an
expert or chemistry-type person... but, I would think it would not
steep well. It would seem to me that the type of milk would be
important. Skim would most likely produce better results of all the
types of milk. I would think the fat content would inhibit steeping to
some degree.

The best I can say would be to try it out and report back. Good luck!

- Dominic