Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Help, Pot stuck on glass cooktop!

On Mon 10 Apr 2006 07:47:05p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ~patches~?

> Win wrote:
>
>> : She was cooking gefilta fish and the liquid overflowed. The fish she
>> : says is delicious, but the Analon pot is stuck to the GE glass
>> : cooktop. Any suggestions on how to remove the pot so she can
>> : continue cooking for her sedar?
>>
>> Thanks, the pot came off when the cooktop cooled completely.
>>
>> Win
>>

> Ok, this is just a little off of what you asked but one of our
> neighbours fell asleep with a pot boiling on the stove. It boiled dry
> and melded to the stove then finally stated a fire. So be very careful.
> I've never had this happen myself and don't care to test it out but if
> it happened on a regular stove top it could happen on a glass cooktop..

Many of the glass cooktops have a safety switch that cuts off the element
when thsoe types of extreme temperature are reached. I know for sure that
GE and Frigidaire have this reature, and I'm sure others do as well.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬