Dave Smith

Default Can you ask your grocery store to stock stuff?

Gary wrote:

> Yes, that's what I'm talking about: apathy. That's a nice way of telling you, "Who cares?
> Get lost! (I can't be bothered with what the *customer* wants)". The bigger the chain,
> the more prevalent that attitude is.

Sometimes they just don't know. A number of years ago I was looking for Seville oranges to
make marmalade. They are usually only around for a week or two, so as soon as I hear they are
in I have to rush out to get some. I stopped at a grocery store and when I could not see
them I asked one of the produce department clerks if theory were in or if they were
expecting. He said " Oh yeah, I know the ones you mean. They are really delicious".
Obviously he didn't have a clue about Seville oranges. They make great marmalade, but they
are horrible to eat.