Bob Pastorio

Default aluminum cook were

modom wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 14:54:43 -0400, zenit >
> wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:57:26 +0200, Lucian Wischik >
>>had to open a new box of zerones to say

>>>Beer from bottles. Don't drink pop, but when we buy it we buy it in
>>>plastic bottles. Fresh tuna and salmon from the fishmonger. Wine from
>>>bottles. There's almost no aluminium in our food products.

>>>Half of all fifty year-olds have alzheimers. For 80-year-olds the
>>>figure rises to something like 95%. Have you met patients with
>>>alzheimers, or spoken to their families or carers? it's
>>>heart-breaking. I worry a great deal about alzheimers.

>>There are no scientific findings which support your statements;
>>therefore, I must conclude that you're not only full of shit, you are
>>a troll...
>>
>><! -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- >
>>zenit

> I'd try to argue about this stuff, myself, but I'm over fifty and
> can't connect the dots anymore.
>
> Anybody here remember Joel Ehrlich? He was quick to disabuse people
> of their fears concerning an aluminum/Alzheimer's connection. As I
> recall, Joel, who was/is a professional cook, happily pointed out that
> almost all commercial kitchen pans are aluminum. If aluminum scares
> you, don't eat out. Ever.

Joel's retired now, but he still knows what he's talking about.

Aluminum is the most plentiful metal on earth. Virtually everything we
eat has at least traces of it. Here's a decent web site about aluminum
and its effects and properties.
<http://dcnutrition.com/minerals/Detail.CFM?RecordNumber=35>

Pastorio