Posted to alt.food.wine
Hunt Hunt is offline

Default Chteau Kirwan 1986 Margaux

In article >,
says...

>Thanks for the comments. Now I'm more encouraged to open it, although I'll
>certainly decant it first to check for any sediment I've not noticed by
>holding the bottle to a lamp. Sorry to be so "green", but I've very little
>experience with French wines, let alone vintages that are older than some
>of the French women I used to date when I was in college (quite some time
>ago). I'm more of a New World wine drinker, esp. those originating in
>Mendoza, San Juan and Cafayette.

After decanting for sediment, this is one that I would allow to develop in my
glass over time. It can be nicely complex.

Don't expect the fruit-forward, as with a Mendoza Malbec, but rather like an
onion, layer, upon layer of wonderful nuances, each exposed to you over some
time. Don't hesitate to taste, set the glass down for some conversation, and
then come back to it in 15 minutes, or so.

Hunt