Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Joe Sallustio Joe Sallustio is offline

Default Stopping fermentation

I hate using sorbate too but use it anyway since there is no way I can
guarantee sterility in my cellar, it's impossible on the scale I work
at. I make some wines sweet for others although I can see why they
like them. ( It takes a lot for me to admit some wines are better
sweet, but I'm doing that here....)

Why not go through the No 1 pads (the green ones) and sorbate at the
minimum level? I can't guarantee it's going to work but it's what I
would do. You could just rack and take one bottle off and warm it.
Racking and warmth always seem to get things going if they are going
to. You could use that as a guide for your decisions.

Joe