Posted to rec.food.baking
Jenn Ridley Jenn Ridley is offline

Default lemon meringue pie - do you need the rind?

"Viviane" > wrote:

>Thank goodness for some common sense. I thought I was living in a parallel
>universe to hear about people making lemon meringue pie with lemon juice out
>of a bottle and others buying lemon oil to make it taste like lemon.

Lemon oil from the bakery section is lemon oil from the rind of lemon.
It even has some advantages over make-your-own-lemon-zest, as you
don't need to scrub the lemon to get the coating off, and you don't
have to deal with green-y shriveled up lemons. And you're not left
with zested lemons that need to be used somehow.

It will takes like lemon because it -is- lemon.

--
Jenn Ridley :