Posted to rec.food.equipment
Doug Weller Doug Weller is offline

Default Sassafras Baking Stone

Hi,

Just got one of these and I'm a bit confused. The instructions say "you
will find that by lightly oiling the surface of the Superstone Baking
Stone and sprinkling it with a little cornmeal, food will not stick as
readily to the stone, making clean-up a snap."
So far, so good, but I'm not quite sure I'm happy with the 'stick as
readily'.

But then I look at the instructions for baking cookies -- "Since you
should not grease your Superstone Baking Stone, only cookies with butter
or shortening should be made on it."

Don't grease it, oil it, what are they saying I can't do? Is it an
American/English thing I'm missing?

Thanks

Doug

--
Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Director and Moderator The Hall of Ma'at http://www.thehallofmaat.com