Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Regina Schmid Regina Schmid is offline

Default Substitute in pasta sauce

Take TVP (texturized vegetabile proteine) +ACI-ground meat+ACI- substitute made from
soy. If you simmer these bread crumb like pieces in a strong vegetable broth
before adding them to the tomatoe sauce and generously add spices like
pepper, garlic, oregano, you will notice no difference to meat. Maybe, you
might find also spiced salt that has a taste like smoked bacon where you
live. I use this rather often when cooking something where I used to add
bacon or ham in former times.

Enjoy+ACE-

Regina
--