Posted to rec.food.baking
Kent Kent is offline

Default Opinion of "Baking Illustrated" cookbook

"deepeddygirl" > wrote in message
>I just got an offer in an email to save 50% if I order this cookbook before
>1/1/06. It's normally $35 so it would be $17.50. Has anyone here ever
>ordered one of the "Cooks Illustrated" cookbooks? Here is a link:
>
> http://www.cooksillustrated.com/book...il.asp?PID=308
>
> TIA!

I've been a subscriber for years. I bought one edition of the book and felt
it was only a restatement of the previously published magazine. If you have
read the magazine and keep it, don't buy it. Why buy it twice? The magazine
is well indexed, so you shouldn't have to. It will only confuse.