Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Zucchini and potato hash browns?

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message

> I don't know about hashbrowns, but I've made "potato" pancakes with
> zucchini. I suspect that the zucchini wouldn't hold its shape like
> potatoes do in hashbrowns. You can minimize the green bits by peeling
> the zucchini (and use the peels in soup).

Hmmm... I've made potatoe pancakes using leftover mashed potato and adding
egg and flour to them. Can't do the egg now because of the food allergies
and since I make mashed potatoes with broth now instead of milk, I'm not
sure this would be good. But perhaps I could do this with some leftover
mashed potatoes and add some zucchini and onion to them. I could add a bit
of rice flour for more body. This might hold together when I cook them.
Now to find some leftover mashed potatoes. Seems like since I've started
making them with broth, there are never any leftovers.

--
See my webpage: