Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Zucchini and potato hash browns?

Has anyone tried mixing these two? I frequently get zucchini in my organic
produce box and the only thing that seems to go over well in this house is
zucchini bread. I do add a bit of zucchini to soup if I happen to have it
around. And when I made lasagna (no more because of the food allergies) I'd
add it to that. Otherwise my husband and daughter don't really care for it.
They do like hash browns though. I was wondering if this would work since
they sort of shred like a potato and they can be deep fried. Then again,
they might not like the has browns because of the green bits in them. It
was just a thought. Would be one way of making hash browns less carby. And
yes, I know I could just try this myself but I was curious to know of anyone
else has tried it and what the results were. I read somewhere about a
person who always added carrots to their mashed potatoes. I did try that
one and can't say that I cared for it.

--
See my webpage: