Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] is offline

Default What to do with London Broil?

On 3 Apr 2006 17:17:26 -0700, "PickyJaz" > rummaged
among random neurons and opined:

>I have no idea why there is a near to 3 lb. London Broil (dated
>recently) in my freezer, as I've never "owned" one before. I've looked
>online for cooking suggestion, but have no way to barbeque or grill it.
> There's only myself to feed here, so preparation suggestions, please?

There's no such thing as a "London broil,' AFAICS, although plenty of
markets call lean, tough cuts of meat, such as flank steak, shoulder,
and round "London broil." A down and dirty recipe for any of these
tough cuts is to marinate it in a store bought Italian dressing, then
grill it, basting as it finishes.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)