Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default What to do with London Broil?

PickyJaz wrote:
> I have no idea why there is a near to 3 lb. London Broil (dated
> recently) in my freezer, as I've never "owned" one before. I've looked
> online for cooking suggestion, but have no way to barbeque or grill it.
> There's only myself to feed here, so preparation suggestions, please?

London Broil was originally a recipe, or set of recipes, not a cut of
meat. Nowadays you see packages with that label at many meat counters.
I suppose that's a case of giving the customers what they think they
want. At any rate, I think it's usually top round, a relatively lean
and relatively tough cut. What to do with it depends somewhat on how
thick it is.

If it's no more than 1.5 inches thick you can marinate it in something
with a bit of tenderizing action, then broil it to medium rare, then
slice it thinly to serve.

If it's thicker than that someone else will have to offer a suggestion.
Maybe marinate it for a long time and then dry roast it, I dunno.....
-aem