Vox Humana

Default Request - Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

"MH" > wrote in message
> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> >
> > > I love Alton Brown's show Good Eats, although he has been getting a

> little
> > > weird lately. I saw that his recipe calls for kosher salt. Why does he
> > > always want kosher salt? Is it because it is pure salt?
> > >
> > > I was surprised to find out that some salt has other ingredients. I've
> > > even seen a salt in the US that has sugar in it. I'm assuming that

> kosher
> > > salt is just his way of ensuring it is pure sodium chloride (NaCl). Am

> > > right? Or is there some other reason?
> > >

> > I agree that the show is becoming more bazaar. It seems to be the Food
> > Network way: style above substance.

> Yes, most of the new shows seem to be like that. Although, I'm mighty

happy
> that Michael Chiarella has a new show on the Food Network. He's been a

local
> treasure here in No. Cal. for years. I adore him.

I haven't seen that show. I had the unfortunate experience of seeing a new
show this weekend on Food TV. The hostess was from some magazine and she was
a complete spaz. It was too painful to watch for more than 10 minutes.
There wasn't a single redeeming feature about the show. Looking at the
schedule, the show was "Good food Fast with Family Circle." What a horror!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ce