Old 03-04-2006, 10:30 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
George B. Ross George B. Ross is offline

Default Cherry coal producing factoid

I received a truckload of cherry wood from a friend last fall
(cut and split, he is a great guy!) and decided to use some this
past weekend. I've used cherry before for flavor, mixing in oak
for and lump for heat, but this is the first time I decided to
use cherry and lump only. It was a real struggle to keep the
Klose up to temp with just cherry logs. I was feeding a log
into to the fire chamber every 30 minutes, twice as often as
with oak or hickory.

I will continue to use cherry for flavoring, but will supliment
it with oak or hickory for heat.

FWIW

--
George B. Ross is