Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Mike \Piedmont\ Mike \Piedmont\ is offline

Default Need help with smokers

sithdad wrote:
> I am interested in purchasing a charcoal/wood burning smoker, but I am not
> sure what sure what type is best suited to my needs. I have seen the box
> types (kind of looks like a safe), the drum type (looks like a 55 gal. drum
> lying on it's side, and the cylindrical (Weber and Big Green Egg shapes). I
> guess what I want to know is what everyone thinks are the pros and cons of
> each type. I plan on using it to smoke ribs, briskets, roasts, whole
> turkeys and chickens and perhaps I might try making my own bacon. Thanks.

Get a weber smoky mountain

--
Regards,

Piedmont

The Practical Bar-B-Q'r at: http://web.infoave.net/~amwil/Index.htm

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Mahatma Gandhi, "Non-Violence in Peace and War"