Posted to alt.food.barbecue
JimnGin JimnGin is offline

Default Need help with smokers

sithdad wrote:
> I am interested in purchasing a charcoal/wood burning smoker, but I am not
> sure what sure what type is best suited to my needs. I have seen the box
> types (kind of looks like a safe), the drum type (looks like a 55 gal. drum
> lying on it's side, and the cylindrical (Weber and Big Green Egg shapes). I
> guess what I want to know is what everyone thinks are the pros and cons of
> each type. I plan on using it to smoke ribs, briskets, roasts, whole
> turkeys and chickens and perhaps I might try making my own bacon. Thanks.

What I've had for almost a year now, and love, is the CharGriller
SuperPro w/ SFB! It can handle all of your plans for a smoker (Not sure
about the bacon.) I've made ribs, roasts ("Quote", "un-qoute" London
Broil- Read- roasts, whole chickens, and more. The results have made me
extremely popular with neighbors, friends, and family! It can be used
as a grill, w/ direct or indirect heat, and an adjustable charcoal
tray- low to high heat, or as a true smoker, using the SFB. All will
make the best meat you've ever had!!
I went from a gas grill to my CharGriller, and have never looked back!

Good luck,

JimnGin