Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Mike Avery[_1_] Mike Avery[_1_] is offline

Default Mixer Recommendation

On 4/2/06, Samartha Deva > wrote:

> northwestsourdough.com wrote:
> >> Can anyone recommend a heavy-duty mixer? This morning when I was
> >> mixing a new SD recipe,

> > I have a K-Tech mixer and I use it almost every day. It mixes up six
> > pounds of dough without any problem.

> If that's the one advertised on the bottom of the page you give below,
> that looks just like the one Mike Avery was talking about - the one with
> the plastic bowl bending and the post in the middle....

The one she is using is not the same as the one Amazon is advertising on her
page. The one Amazon is advertizing, at least when I visited the page, is
the same model Bosch that I used and sold on eBay because I really didn't
like it.

Just out of interest - aren't you making a buck (or a fraction of it)
> every time someone clicks on one of your links to Amazon, or is it if
> somebody actually buys something?

I have some links to half.com for book sales on books I recommend. If
anyone ever uses one of those links and buys a book, I'll get a few pennies
(so far, in 3 or 4 years, no one has followed my book links and bought a
book). I'm also using google ads - it brings in a few bucks a day (please
click the links and make me rich!), enough to cover my dsl costs and a
little bit more.

I only found one company who wanted to support my web page, and when their
ownership changed, they stopped advertising. Actually, they stopped paying
me. After I asked them for clarification and received neither payment nor
clarification, I dropped their ads....

Anyway, someone has to pay for web pages, whether it's the hosts out of the
goodness of their hearts, advertisers, or sales..... in the end, I decided
my page has to at least pay for itself. All of this goes to say that I
personally don't have a problem with Teresa selling things or running
advertising on her page. We're all free to either visit her page or not, to
buy her poroducts or not....

Mike