Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] is offline

Default newbie

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 19:27:53 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

Also a welcome to Shana.

>Hey, Shana, sounds great, welcome to rfc. What is it
>called when you make a topping using oatmeal and brown
>sugar? I like that, is that a crisp? I never make desserts.

My version of a crisp looks a lot like this <g>:

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Peach And Mixed-Berry Crisp

desserts

2 large peaches, peeled, pitted, chopped (a; bout 2½ cups)
1½ cups blueberries (about 6 ounces; )
1 1/3 cups raspberries (about 6 ounces)
1 1/3 cups blackberries (about 5.6 ounces)
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup all purpose flour
½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
butter pecan ice cream or vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 3500F. Butter 8x8x2'/2-inch square baking dish. Toss
fruit, sugar and 2 tablespoons flour in large bowl to combine.
Transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake fruit until juices bubble,
stir*ring occasionally, about 40 minutes. Bake without stirring
another 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Increase oven
tern-peratureto4000F

Meanwhile, whisk remaining ¾ cup flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and
salt in medium bowl to blend. Add butter and rub in with fingertips
until small moist clumps form. Sprinkle topping evenly over hot fruit
in dish.

Bake crisp until topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool
slightly. Serve warm with ice cream.

Yield: 8 servings

Terry Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

--
"If you're going to be wrong, be wrong at the top of your lungs."
Lucy, "Peanuts"\