Old 03-04-2006, 01:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_1_] Nancy Young[_1_] is offline

Default newbie

"craftydragon1951" wrote

That is what I'd call a crisp. To me a cobbler has a pie-crust type
toping. Both go over great with guests and are simple to make. The
last time I had guests, I made one with cherry pie filling and crushed
cranberry sauce for the berry part.

Hmmm. I just happen to have some Award Winning Cherry
Preserves. Might make something like that this week. Thanks.

Served it warm with good vanilla
ice cream. I was great. The cranberries countered the too-sweetness
of the cherry pie filling. I think that because no one bakes anymore
the rare "old-fashioned" dessert goes over well.

Well, you know, baking has all that measuring. I leave it to
the pros. (smile)

nancy