Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Mixer Recommendation

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 08:06:12 -0600, Samartha Deva
> wrote:

>Hello Diane,
>
>I started with a Kitchen Aid mixer but then got a Magic Mill mixer (It's
>from Electrolux and is now called "Assistant").

I, too, have a Magic Mill and find it quite remarkable.

I have arthritis which can sometimes make the simplest bread-making
tasks seem insurmountable. The Magic Mill has made a favorable
difference, but lifting the bowl filled with dough to scrape it out
can be a challenge and the mixer itself is heavy.

Granted, the removal of dough and the moving around of the mixer are
not too different from KA to MM to my Kenwood, but it should be noted.
Before investing in a MM, it would be great if the OP could find out
exactly what body movements are required for set up and use. They may
be ones that are easily accomplished or particularly difficult for
her.

Boron