Old 30-03-2006, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Droopy Droopy is offline

Default Cherry Wine

Ken Schramm has a whole chapter on cherry melomels in the Compleat
Meadmaker.

IIRC he prefers sour cherry varieites...and there is a recipe for
Oblacinska cherry melomel in it.

I make mine with cherries off of my grandma's Morello cherry tree
spiked with some dried Bings and fresh raniers

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
I am thinking of making a cherry melomel this year, but it has been a very
long time since I have done so and I don't remember the best type of cherries
to buy and when they are in season. Also, I really don't know the best honey
to buy for this purpose. Can anybody set me on the right track?

Thanks!

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse